Babble

If you have ever tried to evade a question, then know that you were wrong (in that for which the question was being asked).

Our minds work faster than our awareness of it. It reasons faster than we can realize, and reason tells the thoughts not to turn to that question, as a measure of self defense. If you were correct, you would face the question. As you were avoiding facing the question, you were wrong.

Our minds know the difference between right and wrong, and we don't need anyone to tell us these things. But still people lie and cheat and deceive, including me at times, for which I ask Allah's forgiveness. Why?

And I guess one of the strong reasons for lying, cheating, deceiving, blah blah is ease. Physical and mental ease.

I steal cause it's much harder to earn an honest living. And stealing is not what the thieves who we read of in story books as children do. It is done intricately and in an infinitely more refined way through economics. So physical ease is one motive for a dishonest living.

The other motive, and much more prevalent in our society, is mental ease. I lie to avoid facing difficult questions. I lie to avoid accepting an obvious truth. I lie to others sometimes. But I lie to myself more frequently.

The mind can be trained to suit the physical and emotional needs. Hence it will help you to cover up your act, avoid unpleasantries and support your daily act.

That's why when someone asks a difficult question, we turn away from the question even without having to make a conscious effort to do that. Our trained mind does that for us. It helps us save ourselves from discomfort and from developing a contradiction between our beliefs and our actions. It helps us make belief and conserve it.

I realized long ago that to be an effective liar, you have to believe the lie. My soul is pure and knows no wrong. So when I lie, I leave evidence, such as stuttering (the tongue struggling to carry out the deceit), sweating, flickering eye movements, over-doing the smile, blah  blah. But to effectively lie, I have to, atleast for the moment I am lying, believe that the lie is the truth. Else i will be betrayed by my own body and actions.

To get along in society, to succeed, sometimes to be just happy even, we train our minds to lie. To block certain questions. To blur certain words. To whitewash certain memories. And that is how people get along in their lives. It is a conscious effort on their part to simplify their life, ease their physical and mental strains. And  that is why even good people would have to face the fires of hell. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dheet-Trekkers' Bike Trip to Bhutan

Ctulu dawn....

On Innovation, Or The Lack Thereof